Now Hiring: Youth Programs Specialist
Are you passionate about mentoring youth? Are you interested in serving children and teens on the West Side? Then, you might be our new Youth Programs Specialist at West Side Community Services.
WSCS is hiring team-oriented individuals who are want to see West Side youth succeed. Youth Programs Specialists are responsible for the safety, supervision and well-being of children in the After-School Child Care and/or Teen Program. The Specialist ensures that programs are delivered consistently and are developmentally appropriate for children ages 5-12 and teens ages 13-19. The Specialist upholds and demonstrates the mission and core values of West Side Community Services. If you are a self-starter who has a proven track record of faciliating after-school programs and building productive relationships with youth, parents and community members, we want to hear from you!
- Lead activities and programs with small groups and individual youth.
- Create an inclusive and welcoming environment for a diverse group of youth.
- Assist in the planning of daily activities, preparation of materials and implementing curriculum.
- Assist in recruitment and retention of program participants.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with parents, care givers and school staff.
- Maintains a safe environment for all children in the program.
- Carries out organization protocol to clean and sanitize commonly used surfaces. Maintains a clean workstation.
- Ensures child and staff compliance with PPE.
Job Type: Part-time, must pass NYS OCFS background check to qualify.
Pay: $15.00 per hour
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call or text Donna Pepero at 716-473-9386 with any questions.