Kids & Teens
2020-21 School Year – Programs and Care for Kids
During the 2020-21 school year, West SIde Community Services is commited to being here for youth and families. We want to help you make sure your student continues to grow and thrive during this difficult time. We will be offering tutoring, computers, internet, meals and snacks, recreation, sports and social-emotional skills programs, all conducted using strict health and safety guidelines to keep everyone safe.
PLEASE TELL US WHAT YOU NEED!
Please complete this short form to tell us what you think you will need this school year. This will help us to better design what we offer. Call us with any questions or to discuss your needs! (716) 884-6616
WSCS offers after-school and evening programming Monday – Friday for youth and teens. We also offer a summer camp in July and August and family events throughout the year.
After-School Program for Youth Ages 6 – 13
After-school programming for ages 6-13 is open from 3:30 – 5:30 PM Monday through Friday.
- 1:1 Academic Assistance
- West Side Youth Arts (under development)
- Sports Sampling
- Health and Wellness Programming
- Evidence-Based Substance Abuse Prevention Education
Evening Hours for Teens Ages 13 – 20
Teen programming for ages 13 – 20 is open from 5:30 – 8:00PM Monday through Friday.
- Health and Wellness Workshops
- Job Readiness Workshops
- College Access Programs
- Drop-In Arts Programs (under development)
How to Register
- Download the MEMBERSHIP FORM and REGISTRATION PACKET. (link these to forms) or stop by and pick up the forms.
- Stop by WSCS at 161 Vermont Street to submit your paperwork and pay the annual $40 Family Membership fee (if applicable). The Family Membership fee entitles your entire family to use of WSCS’s building facilities and programs. If it is difficult for you to pay this fee, simply speak with a member of our staff. We will not turn any youth/family away for inability to pay.
- Speak with your child’s school about changing his/her bus drop-off location to West Side Community Services at 161 Vermont Street. Let us know when the new bus schedule will begin so we can be ready for your child!
Summer Camp is available in July and August and includes sports, arts and crafts, health and wellness and field trips. Program and registration information will be available in the late spring.
Please check back with us closer to the summer months to inquire, or check our Facebook page for updates.