West Side Seniors
We take our programs on the road! Knowing that transportation is a barrier for many seniors, we conduct programs both at our Vermont Street building and at sites throughout the West Side to ensure we are inclusive and accessible to all older adults.
Our current program sites include the following:
- Bingo, Coffee, Games and Programs every Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings 9:30 – 12noon
- “Big Bingo” – Last Monday of each month at 10:00AM Sponsored by Centers HealthCare!
- Gentle Chair Yoga- Mondays and Wednesdays at 10:45AM and Fridays at 10:00AM
- Gentle Mat Yoga – Wednesdays at 9:15AM
- Bridge Club – Mondays at 1:00PM
- Specialized programs held throughout each month – CALL FOR SCHEDULE!
- Baptist Manor
- The Scribblers Creative Writing Program – Each Thursday from 1 – 2PM
- Timon Towers
- Pokino – Fridays at 1:00PM
- Arts, Music and Wellness Programs – throughout the month
- The Dream Center
- Cards, Lunch and Bingo – Wednesdays 10:00AM – 2:00PM
- Arts, Wellness and Special Programs throughout the month
- School 77 Senior Apartments
- Trinity Towers
- Our enrichment programs include the following:
- Recreation Programs
Bridge, Bingo, Pokino, Board Games, History Lectures, Current Events discussions, Seasonal Luncheons and Parties and more
- Arts Programs
Arts and Crafts, Creative Writing, Music and more
- Health and Wellness Programs
Nutrition, Yoga, Mental Health, Stress Management, Medication Management, Prescription Programs, Insurance Information and more
Van Service for Older Adults
WSCS offers door-to-door van transportation to seniors for shopping and medical appointments. Each Monday morning we also offer transportation to a shopping center exclusively to one senior apartment complex. To arrange transportation or inquire about our van service, please call us at (716) 884-6616 and speak with Danette Porto, Director of Building and Senior Services.
We also offer one-on-one assistance with social service issues, such as HEAP, SNAP and STAR applications, Medicare and Medicaid recertification and other needs. Simply call to make an appointment!