West Side Seniors
We take our senior programs on the road! Knowing that transportation is a barrier for many West Side seniors, we conduct programs both at our Vermont Street building and at sites throughout the West Side to ensure we are inclusive and accessible to all older adults.
Our current senior program sites include the following:
- Bingo, Coffee, Games and Programs every Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings 9:30 – 12noon
- “Big Bingo” – Last Monday of each month at 10:00AM Sponsored by Centers HealthCare!
- Gentle Chair Yoga- Mondays and Wednesdays at 10:45AM and Fridays at 10:00AM
- Gentle Mat Yoga – Wednesdays at 9:15AM
- Bridge Club – Mondays at 1:00PM
- Specialized programs held throughout each month – CALL FOR SCHEDULE!
- Baptist Manor
- The Scribblers Creative Writing Program – Each Thursday from 1 – 2PM
- Timon Towers
- Pokino – Fridays at 1:00PM
- Arts, Music and Wellness Programs – throughout the month
- The Dream Center
- Cards, Lunch and Bingo – Wednesdays 10:00AM – 2:00PM
- Arts, Wellness and Special Programs throughout the month
- School 77 Senior Apartments
- Trinity Towers
- Our enrichment programs include the following:
- Recreation Programs
Bridge, Bingo, Pokino, Board Games, History Lectures, Current Events discussions, Seasonal Luncheons and Parties and more
- Arts Programs
Arts and Crafts, Creative Writing, Music and more
- Health and Wellness Programs
Nutrition, Yoga, Mental Health, Stress Management, Medication Management, Prescription Programs, Insurance Information and more
Senior Van Transportation
WSCS offers door-to-door van transportation to seniors for shopping and medical appointments.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:30AM – 12Noon
Van transportation to/from WSCS, shopping centers, medical appointments. Call Danette at 884-6616 to arrange a trip.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 1:00 – 5:00PM AND Tuesday / Thursday 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Van transporation to medical appointments. Call Erie County Senior Services at 858-7040 for more information and to schedule a ride.
To arrange transportation or inquire about our van service, please call us at (716) 884-6616 and speak with Danette Porto, Director of Building and Senior Services.
We also offer one-on-one assistance with social service issues, such as HEAP, SNAP and STAR applications, Medicare and Medicaid recertification and other needs. Catholic Charities Emergency Services on site each Thursday for emergency and basic needs such as food, medical, SNAP, and personal essentials.