Kids & Teens
After-School Program for Kids Ages 6 – 14
After-school programming for ages 6-13 is open from 3:30 – 5:30 PM Monday through Friday.
- 1:1 Homework Help
- Visual Arts Programs
- Just4Grlz mentoring program for young women
- Sports and Recreation Sampling
- Health and Wellness Education
- Social/Emotional and Substance Abuse Prevention Programs
Evening Hours for Teens Ages 13 – 20
- Teen Program 5:30 – 8:00PM Monday through Friday
- Basketball and Soccer
- Health and Wellness Workshops
- Weight Lifting and Fitness
- Gamer’s Club
- Job and College Readiness Workshops
How to Register
There are two ways to register your child or teen:
1) Download an application packet, complete and either mail it or drop it off with the applicable fees.
- 2019 After-School Application (ENGLISH)
- 2019 After-School Application (SPANISH)
- 2019 After-School Application (ARABIC)
- 2019 After-School Application (BURMESE)
- 2019 After-School Application (SWAHILI)
2) Stop by WSCS at 161 Vermont Street to pick up an application.
Is there a fee?
We ask families to become Family Members of WSCS when enrolling their child in our after-school program. This is optional but strongly encouraged. Monthly program fees may apply and are based on your income. Inquire with staff.
Annual Family Membership (required): $40
Monthly After-School Program Fee: $20
(Fees are waived for any parent or child who receives public assistance such as Medicaid, SNAP, WIC, TANF, etc.)
*No family will be turned away for inability to pay.
When can my child start?
Speak with your child’s school about changing his/her bus drop-off location to West Side Community Services at 161 Vermont Street. Let us know when the new bus schedule will begin so we can be ready for your child!
Summer Camp is available in July and August and includes sports, arts and crafts, health and wellness and field trips. Program and registration information will be available in the late spring of each year.
Please check back with us closer to the summer months to inquire, or check our Facebook page for updates.